AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between these 2 receivers and I would like to take a quick vote from everyone. please just vote for the one you think is better and put down a quick sentence on why. I appreciate your participation.

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have owned B&K and denon. B&K is much more musical for 2ch stereo. I also like the tweaking capabilities of the B&K. Both receivers are high quality for HT.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My only beef with the 49TXi is that I am using Paradigm Studio 100's and I have managed to clip the amp a couple of times while auditioning. I think the reason seems to be that the amp in the 49TXi cannot handle my Studio 100's when they drop below 8Ohms. otherwise I actually liked it. Also, from what I've been hearing around it just doesn't seem like it is quite on the same level as B&K and the Denon 5803. As for carver I just don't like it..the second I looked at it I didn't like it. call me superficial but that is must MHO.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I've owned a B&K 307 and a Denon 5803. I like B&K better. It's more musical to my ears. I just moved to seperates and now own a B&K Ref50 & Ref200.5 amp. Totally satisfied..

If i were you i'd get the 507. You won't be dissappointed. And oh, the remote is kickass (MX-700) . :)

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
The 507 gets my vote. I had a 307 and demoed it against the 5803's predecessor, the 5800. On HT it was a toss-up. On music, B&K got the nod. I now have the 507 and love it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've had the 507 for a couple of weeks. I switched from a Lexicon DC-1 and Parasound amps and thought I might lose something but have not really noticed any bad changes. I recommed the 507 but I find it a lot more difficult to operate than the Lexicon.

If there are other 507 owners out there running 7 channels I'd like to get some advice on switching between modes. I find this very confusing. As an example, it seems like if you want DD-ES or DTS-ES you have to switch from a 7 speaker setup to 6 speakers even though you have 7 speakers.

joe

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
No way Joe... just select DTS on your DVD player and it'll autodetect.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a B&K preamp.. love it's quality, simple design, easy use.. I know that the same goes for the Receivers as well, you won't be let down with purchasing one of these bad boys.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Joe: My understanding from the manual is that if you set up your favorite mode as surround and speakers 6 in DD or DTS than it will automatically default to EX or ES. My unit still plays movies through 7 channels even if I select DTS (ES) and it will still play in ES, but through 7 channels. I don't have the manual handy to refer you to the proper page(s). But if you set it up as they describe then it will work. In listening to Gladiator and Lord of the Rings (the 4 disc set) I notice a real difference in the sound from my 307 in DD or DTS 7 channel to ES. Hope this makes some sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.