AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was reasurching for my next projector a couple months ago I found out that projector with DVI produce the most clear and stable picture because there is no D/A conversion. So after buying a projector equipped with DVI I had to find a HTPC with DVI as well so I bought from AVScience a P IV Elite. today when cleaning my AV system rack I noticed I haven't used my standalone DVD player and probable won't.

Now I would like to know only from people out there that are using all digital connection to place your honest opinions on the performance of your machines?

"A picture maybe worth a tousand words, but this will leave you speechless."

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
I think many have tried DVI out from their HTPC in the past but the outcome was not good. I think this was due to a couple of factors ( I am not an expert on this topic so I have no explaination) and now that Home Theater projectors and a few scalers are about to ship with these inputs/outputs designed to work specifically for HT use we will finally start to see this topic resurrect itself over the next couple of months.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan I beleive there are lots of member using this means of trasffering video signal between their equipments, this is not a new subject, no more then SDI is, which by the way I would love to look into it. We the giny pigs of this industry have the obligation to disclose the good and the bad, so we can go on searching for the perfec but not the most unafordeble system.

I would love to hear from members that is currently using it and hear their honest but not technical opinions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.