AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we have no real pattern to adjust the tracking and phase using the HDTV source, I'm curious as where everyone else is at with their settings?

I've been able to adjust back and forth to get an improved image vs 0/0, but still not sure whether it's "pixel perfect", or if that's even possible in this case.

A quick T = xx, P = xx would be much appreciated. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Chris

· Registered
755 Posts
Every set-top box and HDTV card will have different tracking numbers. Even the DTC-100 has a number of different timings you can choose, and each one will require a different tracking setting. So I'm not sure that comparing settings will be all that useful.

Also since HDTV is downconverted from 1920x1080 to 1365x786, it's impossible to get a "pixel-perfect" mapping. Even if we had a 1920x1080 test pattern it wouldn't be of much use. The best you can do is to use the tracking control to stretch the image to fill your screen with no overscan. Since the Phase is a fine-tune adjustment I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Cheers,

Dave.

· Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David,

I should've given more info. I should've also excluded a PC HDTV card.

I'm referring to using the DTC100 without a changed timing setting. As I understand it, the DTC only needs changed when/if one has a problem timing issues. The Mits. RPTVs for example.

I'll re-ask the question:

Could anyone who has a DILA using a DTC100 with default timing settings going into either comp.1 or comp.2 please post your tracking and phase settings?

Thanks again,

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.