AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the user menu under the advanced sub menu, it lets you choose 480 or 960 as your resolution. I havnt really put this to a test, but was wondering which one is the ideal choice? I watch a decent amount of HD programing, and I have a progressive scan player as well. Thanks in advance,

Fred

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
It doesn't affect HD programming at all. It might affect your SD inputs but Honestly most people have found it makes no difference at all and no one is quiet sure what the option does. I just put it at 480p and leave it alone but I don't think it matters.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I didnt really see a difference, although I didnt really test it.

Fred

·
Registered
637 Posts
I finally set down to investigate this feature/setting (right after I re-did my 64pt convergence using color filters). Using a channel like CNN Headline News (where their logo and other images are on-screen all the time) I could see a clear difference between 480p and 960i. The 960i picture was softer but in a good way. The 480p was blockier (when looking at curves -- look at the lettering at the bottom of HNN). I was going to use the 480p, but I think the 960i really does look better with my satellite feed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.