AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around and haven't found any difinative answers.. what I'd like are some opinions. I have a Sony 1270 ceiling mounted in a not completely light controlled room, the sunset time is my movie time. :) i've maximized my raster use all but 1/4 inch on each side, and i've made my screen frame, 83.5" x 47" (16:9) so question is.. which side of blackout material is best.. rubbery side, or cloth side? any help would be great.. thanks for your time!!

Aaron

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have read that people have used both sides with success, but a couple pages that I read said the cloth side seemed to be better.

Jojo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hang the raw material up temporarily before mounting, and try each side. If you can spare a small sample from the main bolt, you can do a side-by-side comparison. I did this and decided on the cloth side. To my eyes, the gain was better.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Skidout67,

I have tried both sides and it was sooooo close it did not really make enough of a difference. Now you can concentrate on which side might be more durable or easier to clean.

I discovered that glue from a hotmelt glue gun will pull the coating off of the rubberized side but can be removed from the cloth side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.