AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, quick question for you guys. If I buy a tv like the Panny TH42PHD7UY, which doesn't come with speakers or anything, and I hook it up to my computer, with a HDTV tuner card. I can use the sound system hooked up to my computer right?

What about if I play xbox, or watch regular sd tc through a cable connection on the tv. Will I still be able to use my Computer Speakers? I've already invested a lot in my computer speakers (klipsch promedia) so I want to know if it'll work on the tv as long as the tv is connected to the computer.

·
Registered
23,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydee
Hey, quick question for you guys. If I buy a tv like the Panny TH42PHD7UY, which doesn't come with speakers or anything, and I hook it up to my computer, with a HDTV tuner card. I can use the sound system hooked up to my computer right?
Yes

Quote:
What about if I play xbox, or watch regular sd tc through a cable connection on the tv. Will I still be able to use my Computer Speakers? I've already invested a lot in my computer speakers (klipsch promedia) so I want to know if it'll work on the tv as long as the tv is connected to the computer.
For stereo yes, for more than that (DD/DTS 5.1) not practically. If it helps, think of it like this, in the setup you describe the TV will work exactly like a normal monitor (as far as audio config goes). The fact that it's a "TV" doesn't change anything.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you're using your computer to output to tv, then yes, speakers should work.

Going the other way is possible. you'd have to go tv to an input on the computer (like the mic input) and then out the speakers.

How everything works when it comes to volume level I dunno. I get the feeling you'll be in there adjusting windows volume levels all the time. I don't know anything about your speaker setup though, so maybe it's more advanced than I'm picturing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.