AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure it doesn't matter what projector I am using but it will be an HD-550. I have the projector at 16', on a 110" screen. The top of the screen is 90" from the floor however the enclosure for the projector will be at 111". With that kind of offset, what kind of issues am I going to have if any?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Kyle: There is a thread for RS15 / HD-550 users where questions like this can be posed. The vertical offset of the HD-550 is 80% of the screen height, so with a 110" diagonal screen (which I will presume is 16:9), the screen height is 54", so the vertical offset from screen center that the lens shift provides can be as much as 0.8 * 54", or 43.2". This would allow the lens height to be as much as (43.2" - (54/2)"), or 16.2" above the top of the screen. Your difference between the top of the screen and the "enclosure" (I'm presuming that you are referring to the lens height within the enclosure) is 21", so I'm afraid that the vertical lens shift doesn't cut it, and you will have to either raise the screen or lower the projector. Also, the above degree of vertical lens shift is only available if the projector and the screen are centered horizontally; if you use any horizontal lens shift, your available vertical lens shift will decrease.

Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts