AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully there is an easy/simple answer to this.

When looking at product dimensions, in particular, height, is it safe to assume that the manufacturer includes the "feet" of things like receivers and cd changers in the measurement?

I ask because I'll most likely be purchasing everything online, due to local selection and price, and want to make sure I've still got some room above the cd player that will be stacked on top of the receiver.

Thanks in advance,

David

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david81 /forum/post/0

Hopefully there is an easy/simple answer to this.

When looking at product dimensions, in particular, height, is it safe to assume that the manufacturer includes the "feet" of things like receivers and cd changers in the measurement?

I ask because I'll most likely be purchasing everything online, due to local selection and price, and want to make sure I've still got some room above the cd player that will be stacked on top of the receiver.

Thanks in advance,

David

First off, yes, it should include feet

Second, NEVER, EVER, EVER put a cd player or anything on top of the receiver, unless you want to fry both the receiver and what ever is on top of it.

There is a reason there are air vents on top of the reciever .. they get very hot.

There should be at least 4, preferably 6 icnhes of clearance above the receiver and 2 inches on the sides.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess that answers that. Thanks for the heads up. Now to find a place to put the CD player....my lovely entertainment center/TV stand has side cabinets, but unfortunately they are only 15" wide. Gotta love that.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
You can put the receiver on top of the CD player if there's enough breating room for the receiver that way. Whether you can stack something on top of the receiver safely depends on the receiver itself, but it's best to assume the answer is no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.