AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly confident in basic setup of a system however I'm fairly new with projectors.

The idea behind my question is the setup described below going to send video to projector and audio to the 7.1 speakers/sub with extra equipment.

Projector: NEC NP410

A/V Rec: Onkyo HT-S5300 with speakers

Extras: ps3, xbox360, digital cable/dvr

All extras will be hdmi in and would use hdmi out, however the projector only has dvi in no hdmi so I have a hdmi to dvi piece for that.

Again I'm sry I'm new to this whole idea and I'm just curious if the a/v rec will just output the sound to the speakers as dvi doesn't transmit sound to the projector. Ultimate goal is a seamless setup of large hd video from projector and good sound from speakers. I've been reading the user manual for the onkyo but it doesn't seem too specific on my inquiry.

All help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
You'll be fine. Some receivers can send audio up through HDMI to a TV, but if there is no full HDMI cable (or an HDMI to DVI adapter), then the audio info will be ignored. You'll get sound out of the speakers in any case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.