AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but couldn't find a general discussion sub forum for TVs. What are the top 5 current TV companies to buy? I heard that Panasonic was number 1 now since Pioneer stopped making TVs and Samsung is second best.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I obviosly think plasma is far superior to LCD so I would say Pioneer, Panasonic, Samsung, and LG. With Pioneer gone the field is wide open in 2010. There is no set among the 3 remaining that blows the other away. They all have there strengths and many weaknesses when compared to the reference standard.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 50" samsung plasma 720P and i absolutely love it and even though you have to be more anal about it but it is worth it. I just wanted to know who were the top companies now.

·
Registered
626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrgamer /forum/post/16922963

I obviosly think plasma is far superior to LCD so I would say Pioneer, Panasonic, Samsung, and LG. With Pioneer gone the field is wide open in 2010. There is no set among the 3 remaining that blows the other away. They all have there strengths and many weaknesses when compared to the reference standard.

Does lg do anything samsung or lg can't do? other than the slightly lower price?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doat1 /forum/post/16922800

I heard that some Vizio TVs are just as good as pios because the glass they use is made in the same factory.

You heard wrong...Vizio gets their panels from LG and their electronics from who knows where since they don't actually have in-house R&D and manufacturing. Even if they did get their panels from Pioneer (assuming Pioneer still made plasma panels..which they haven't in over a year), you wouldn't have the same quality of video processing...and pretty much everything else.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama127 /forum/post/16923924

You heard wrong...Vizio gets their panels from LG and their electronics from who knows where since they don't actually have in-house R&D and manufacturing. Even if they did get their panels from Pioneer (assuming Pioneer still made plasma panels..which they haven't in over a year, you wouldn't have the same quality of video processing...and pretty much everything else.

True, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts