AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
the 32S1 is a better TV

if your going to be gaming on it, it is one of the best TV's out there today for gaming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Bossman completely. I'm moving to a new apartment and am leaving the ol' CRT behind me ready to begin my HDTV life. 32-37 inches seems plenty big for our small apartment and I've heard that on screens of that size 1080p does not matter as much.

I've only heard rave reviews of the Samsung 32b460 even though it's a 720p/60Hz set. But now, Amazon.com has a pretty decent sale for the Panasonic Viera L32S1 which is only a little more for 1080p, however I've heard that while the picture of the Panasonic is great, the volume and sound have something left to be desired.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by applecom14 /forum/post/18140418

BoilerJim can you please share a couple of your reasons? You're probably right, but your input would help.

I have no firsthand knowledge of owning an S1, but everything I've read in this Forum and elsewhere leads me to believe that it is an excellent TV. I do know when I see one in the store, the S1 is always one of the most impressive sets on display.

My local Sears store displays the S1 on a stand placed at a 90-degree angle to an "end cap" that has several TVs on both sides of the shelves. This basically relegates the Panasonic S1 to a spot by itself so that you really can't compare it side-by-side with the other LCDs. When I asked the salesman why it's displayed like that, he said because the S1 picture quality is so good, we can't sell the other TVs when we had it beside them.

At HH Gregg, the S1 is on the same shelf as the other 720p TVs and also some lower priced 1080p ones. To my lowly 20/15 vision, it looks the best to me of any of them.

Best of luck in picking the right TV for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.