AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Blu Ray Player cam re-encode to dts. I do this for Dolby True and and Multiple Channel PCM as my Sound bar doesn't do the lossless codecs nor multiple channel pcm- so I'm able to get a nice healthy DTS at 1.5mbps. I have 4 questions

1. Is it 'safe' to leave it on this setting all the time?( ie.. Those will be converted to DTS, and a DTS Blu ray track will already be dts 1.5.)

2. The Blu ray track that is already dts- is there any difference now that it is being "converted to dts", when it is already a dts track. Should it sound the same?

3 . For 2 channel( my player is set to dts neo 6) .I assume neo 6 will come out for stereo regardless.. Correct

4. A mono Dolby track. What is that going to now come out as?

Thx for your help

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
1. I see no reason not to leave it on if you think it sounds good. If it's good enough to re-encode LPCM (Multi-channel PCM,) it's good enough to re-encode DTS lossless or lossy if they implemented it that way - logic would dictate that they use the DTS core track for DTS HD, and the native DTS track if it has one)

2. See above

3. Not sure what this has to do with the DTS question? As I recall, Neo works on anything except 7.1, in which case it does nothing (Neo annoyed me, do you have DPL IIx?)

4. I don't see the relation to the DTS question? Mono goes through the center channel, as I recall if you have DPL IIx on - not sure about other modes. If you turn off processing such as DPL IIx you probably get dual mono( mono sent to left/right channels) - least that's how it works for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.