AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got passed up for the promotion. RVP says he wants to see "more." I work in Hospitality. Every week we have a managers meeting and we use paper and pens. We have all the tech to hook up a PC to the big screen, but we do not take advantage of it none of the upper mangers uses their laptop. I was thinking about bring my personal laptop, but then I remember that about 3 years ago I purchased the rasberry pi 3 Model B+ about 2 years ago, but I never used it.

I figured I can show my RVP "more" if I used the Pi as a small PC. Ulitmately, I just need it to access the internet to get to certain webpages. Excel would be could too to deal with all the spread sheets. So my question is would/can this pi support Windows 10. Any thoughts as to what would be the best way to build this PC would be much appreciated so that I can stick it to the man!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just watch a quick vid on rasberian (sp) it looks like with this OS I do not really need MS offie. How's the web browser that comes with Rasberian can I still down load google chrome?

·
Registered
231 Posts
It won't run Windows, but there are plenty of softwares for Raspbian. Chrome, LibreOffice, .... And the online Office 365 should also work. Quite easy to try at home: hook it up to a tv, add a usb mouse/keyboard and play with it.
The standard gui on raspbian is quite basic and looks simple, but other than that it should be fine for simple usage.

I use the software Rufus to write the microSD card with the OS, but there are other softwares you can use for this purpose. An 8 GB card should be sufficient to play with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts