AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im down to three receivers and i need to pull the trigger soon, Onkyo TX-SR875 (what im leaning towards), Yamaha RX-V1800 and Pioneer VSX-94TXH. As you can guess im in the market for low 1k receivers, so feel free to suggest any others i may have overlooked. As for components, i would be connecting a PS3, Pio 5010FD, or possibly a 5020FD in the future, and SA 8300HD. As for speakers im contemplating of leaving that purchase till a later date as im still shopping around but i would definitely go 7.1 (currently looking at energy's because of a good deal). Thanks! (BTW i apologize if this question has already been answered, dose not deserve its own thread, or is just stupid
)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Onkyo is releasing new receivers in the next month or two (706,806), so you might consider waiting to buy anything Onkyo.

Also Onkyo might lower the price on the 805 to clear out inventory before releasing the TX-SR806.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoboy /forum/post/14198733

Onkyo is releasing new receivers in the next month or two (706,806), so you might consider waiting to buy anything Onkyo.

Also Onkyo might lower the price on the 805 to clear out inventory before releasing the TX-SR806.

Woops i meant SR875...

·
Registered
510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsz2 /forum/post/14200431

Woops i meant SR875...

I was guessing that the TX-SR876 will come out along with the 706, 806.

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
I own Onkyo and Pioneer Elite and Yamaha.. Personal preference, but I would choose the Elites right now, just because to me they seem to have lesser problems via HDMI switching. HK is also coming out with a new line which I like, the GUI on it is fantastic and the sound quality too boot. The only issue I have with HK, is it is a hit or miss year. Since the 525 "25" series is been pretty much a miss to me, but you might want to give there new receiver line a look. All are decent choices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts