AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I did a sound calibration on my Denon 7.1 system.

I moved all my components to a basement home theater. Did the setup this morning by plugging in the microphone and letting it go through auto setup.

Once I went through the various listening positions with microphone on tripod at ear level, Audyssey automatically did its calibration.

The next step was STORING INFORMATION and then a message as to whether I wanted to turn on Dynamic Volume (which I said "No" to as it was default answer)

So, here's my questions...

1. Once the Audyssey calibration is done and stored is my Denon now automatically running on that calibration or do I have to find the stored settings and turn it on?

2. What is Dynamic Volume and should it be turned off?

Thank you, in advance, for the answers to come

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
^^

2. Dyn Volume simply normalizes the volume level by raising lower dialog levels and compressing loud explosions (best used for late night viewing where you don't want to disturb others)
Of the several "night mode" processes in the market, Dynamic Volume does the job the best, though no dynamic process is completely without side effects. Leave it off unless you are actually listening a low volume levels.

·
Registered
15,085 Posts
If you haven't already, please take the time to review the Audyssey FAQ. It answers the questions you posted and many more that you haven't thought about yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts