AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Criterion WALKABOUT: 1.66:1 and NOT 16X9. :( Still a very good transfer with little to no EE. Very good color renditions. Adequate sound.

Question: Why did the buy do what he did at the end? I have my theory, but am curious about other opinions.

Abel Ferrara's R-XMAS: This transfer is 16X9 and NOT Full Screen as advertised. Quality is quite good considering it's from Artisan. Sound is fine, with almost no post looping. Everything was recorded on set/location, which can lead to some rewinding to catch what was said. The film itself is a disappointment. It's short, but so dull, it feels long. My wife and I didn't get the point.

Image Entertainment's non anamorphic widescreen DVD release of Ferarra's 1981 exploitation classic does not scale well on Widescreen TV's, due to inherent artifacts. My Malata N996's STILL Filter cleared it up enough to watch. The sound was mono, I think. I never heard anything outside of front and center imaging. The film itself is quite dated, but still great fun, if you can get into this sort of thing.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Stevens

Question: Why did the buy do what he did at the end? I have my theory, but am curious about other opinions.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) My interpretaion: he attemped a mating ritual and was rejected. Due to the cultural barrier, she never even understood what he was doing. I always interpreted his suicide as more of a matter of dishonor based on tribal custom than a response based on love or depression, but I could be wrong there.

Fred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.