AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be running the 7.2 Onkyo TXSR608 w/ the following sources through a projector:

BLuray

Directv

Wii

I also plan on having a 42" plasma behind the bar which i'll be running a seperate directv receiver to. Will I be able to connect the 2nd receiver to the receiver so that I can hear this tv through the surround speakers while still having one of the other 3 sources (video only) going through the projector?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Possibly, depending on how the Onkyo functions. With my receiver, if I switch from a video source to an audio source, the video stays on the screen while the new audio source plays.

If your Onkyo is the same way, you could connect the second DirecTV receiver’s video feed directly to the plasma, and its audio signal to an audio-only input on the Onkyo, such as the CD input.

To do your dual-viewing thing, start with the Onkyo switched to the input for (let’s say) the Blu-ray player, then switch it to the CD input. This will get you audio from the second DirecTV receiver, while video for the Blu ray continues on the projector. Make sense?

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks, Wayne. That makes perfect sense and was what I had it in mind. I haven't yet bought the Onkyo so i need to make sure it works. I also want to make sure I can play games on the wii, while listening to my ipod through the speakers. You would think this would be an easy function for the Onkyo to perform, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts