AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get one of these projectors. I've seen prices of 6K for the Z10000 and 4K for the Z9000 (both U.S. models). Price being a factor (i.e., could go to 6K but life would be easier for the immediate future to stay to 4K), which would you go with.

Obviously, the Z10000 is better but if I was able to purchase two years ago when first looking I probably woud have ended up with a Z9000. In otherwards, there is always going to be something newer and better every year.

So, go for the Z10000 to feel that I got the best for the money I have now, or save a little and get a good deal on last years model.

·
Registered
634 Posts
You'll probably either get a "go for Z10K it's that big enough of an improvement" or "go HT1000/Infocus7200/whatever" recommendations.

If budget is a concern I would probably look into buying another PJ rather than the Z9K.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Looking to get one of these projectors. I've seen prices of 6K for the Z10000 and 4K for the Z9000 (both U.S. models). Price being a factor (i.e., could go to 6K but life would be easier for the immediate future to stay to 4K), which would you go with.
Are you sure those are US models? Thats the prices of the Japanese models and add a couple of hundred on top of that. US prices are nowhere near that low.

If you are getting it with a US warranty and that is the correct price then I would definitely get the Z10000. You will be always wondering if you should've gotten it if you go with the Z9000. The added contrast and better black level justify it.

Mike

·
Registered
209 Posts
My motto with technology is buy the best you can for the money you have to spend.

I have had both Sharp's and yes, I would have been happy with the 9K except for 3 diff units with lip sync issues, so I said the hell with that and stepped up to the 10K. Now seeing the 10K, the differences are pretty significant in regard to contrast and color reproduction.

Nic

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Those prices look like they are well below dealer's prices. If they are legit, I would definitely go for the 10K. But the 9K is also a nice unit.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After further checking these are remanufactured units, meaning they were returned, inspected, and put back out into the marketplace with new bulbs. Also, while authorized U.S. projectors, there are some questions as to the warranty period (it may only be 30 days).

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Quote:
Also, while authorized U.S. projectors, there are some questions as to the warranty period (it may only be 30 days).
Don't settle for a 30 day warranty with either projector. If you are going to go that route then buy a new one from Japan with a 1 year warranty. Sure, you still have to ship it back for service but that is much better than a 30-day warranty.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.