AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm new here but have been following this awesome forum for some time (taking all the hints etc). I have a custom built case (from an ATX desk top style). A problem that I do not see much talked about is cooling/air flow. I have a zalman copper cooler on a xp2000+ and two 60mm and one 80mm case fan (Panaflows). At full speed my system would be stable, but noisy at startup. Specially when about ready to sit down for a movie, it just sounded like a jet engine. Once the movie was playing it was OK - drowned out by LOTS of movie noise :D But when the system was just sitting there, it was irritating! I was trying to find a control for the fans, and finally found this at newegg:

Temp Fan Control

Pretty cheap and now this little thingy controls all my fans. When my system is just sitting there, it is quiet. When playing a movie, the fans get louder, but not much. Now I have a quiet and cool system (no more sudden reboots).

Well just wanted to throw in my two cents, and pass on an idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
 www.cooltechnica.com

Best thing I did previously was to stick my computer in a different room/closet and string the cables where they need to be - but that is not an option for my current circumstance.

There are 3 major classes of low-noise systems, as far as I can tell:

watercool ("swiftech"), refrigerator ("vapochill"), and thermo-electric ("tec" or "peltier"), and they fall in about that order from what I read.

I expect to be getting a watercool kit in the mail soon - more when it arrives.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.