Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Dave600,

Now you're talking my language!

I still have Quo Vadis on laserdisc. This great Bible and Sandal epic needs a super-duper DVD transfer like now!

Its Academy aspect ratio (1:37:1) lends itself for a razor sharp, high resolution image transferring.

If they take care with color timing, the 3-strip dye transfer imbibition Technicolor process should come through unimpeded by the video medium's constraints.

A nicely done scope ratioed, anomorphically enhanced DVD transfer of the Vikings will also be a most welcome addition to the Pantheon of great films. So what are they waiting for?... :rolleyes:

-THTS

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Dave600,

Yep...QV was filmed just before the Cinerama and CinemaScope widescreen processes came to being...very early in the 50's.

Don't be put off by the fact it is an "Academy" aspect ratio film as it was -and still is- quite stunning in its exquisite photography and absolutely glorious and gorgeous Technicolor imagery.

Deborah Kerr never looked so stunningly beautiful either!... :)

-THTS

·
Registered
198 Posts
I watched QUO VADIS at the Parkway Theatre in Madison , WI. when I was nine years old. It played in Madison for many weeks and was a huge success for MGM. I thought Peter Ustinov stole the show.

I will order this on DVD as soon as it's out, I just hope the DVD is not done by the ones who did THE ROBE.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
badgerfan,

Quo Vadid is an MGM film; The Robe is from 20th Century Fox...so is safe to assume a DVD of QV would be issued by MGM, whilst The Robe's DVD was released by Fox.

I truly hope QV is released soon as is one of my favorite movies of that genre. Cheers! :)

-THTS

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Hey dude what the ratio and sound for 'The Vikings" if you please. I heard that "Haunting of Hell House" was released in the UK, I wonder if they will make a region 1.

Since I don't get many responses to my posts on AVS anymore, I started to hang out at the IMDb message boards, there I get multiple responses.

The people of the world aren't afraid to respond to my posts at all. On that board I haven't had to announce that I'm crippled either. I noticed after I mentioned I was crippled my responses started to drop on AVS. Some people think we are useless, but we are useful in many ways they never get to find out avoiding us.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Hi, hob!

If I may be allowed to be so impertinent as to butt in...The Vikings was filmed in scope (with Panavision anomorphic lenses, I think), which resulted in an aspect ratio of 2:35:1...and with Stereo sound. Hope this helps.

Cheers! :)

-THTS

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Bob!

what the f?? people stop responding here because of your condition ? can't believe that.

Frank just replied. Can't wait to get THE VIKINGS on dvd though the ld is not that bad at all.

best

hi Frank! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.