AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a quote back for a whole house stereo system. It is nothing fancy nor "simplistic" which I found costs $$. Anway, for those interested, this is what I have:

JVC 100 watt receiver $225

A pair of stereo speakers in 5 locations:

Master bath, living room, kitchen, garage

--Speakercraft 6.1 CRS (in-ceiling) $190

--Speaker Prewire $75

--Russound Non-Impd. Volume control $55

--Speaker install $22.50

--Volume control install $11.25

..and for the 5th area:

Outdoor deck

--Speakercraft WS710 (pair of outdoor speakers) $285

+same charges for prewire, volume control, and install

=$2200

Looking around on the net, the price for the speakers seems unusually good. I'm not sure I understand the flat fee for prewiring since two of the rooms the wires won't be longer than 15' for each speaker due the receiver's central location - only the deck, garage, and master bath are located at areas further away (although this is two story, 2000 sq ft house, so it's not like a HUGE ways away...)

When asking about IR run though cat5, the place said sure, no problem, but if I was looking to save money, I should just get an IR repeater that plugs in the wall for the capability to change sources.

So, there you go.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
run them - yes

run them loud - no ...I'm not interested in cranking the music up - these speakers are merely to provide background noise -- the ht is in the basement where the music will be pumped if need be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got those plug in ir repeaters and they are a waste of money. I would reccomend the cat5 ir run. Trust me, you'll wish you had after a couple of months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.