AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new S700 has excessive noise in the picture on all sources so I had a tech out today to take a look. He said I would probably see the same thing with another set because the TV magnifies all problems with the source. I see noise in my cable signal, DVD via component, OTA HD and from my camcorder plugged into the front input.

He suggested the remedy "buy a cheaper tv so the poor quality signal won't be magnified."

Uh, DVD and OTA HD are poor sources? Unbelievable!

The $64,000 - when another S700 arrives on Saturday, if I still see noise in the picture, I'm going to have to choose a different model or make. If I have to choose something else for $3000, what's the best choice?

· Registered
264 Posts
Mitsu 65613

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Maybe power line conditioning is needed here. Do you have this unit plugged into a dedicated circuit? If not, try a receptacle on a different breaker, one that has no other running loads on it. Use a HD extension cord if necessary. May have another appliance feeding crap into the line.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jkhome
Maybe power line conditioning is needed here. Do you have this unit plugged into a dedicated circuit? If not, try a receptacle on a different breaker, one that has no other running loads on it. Use a HD extension cord if necessary. May have another appliance feeding crap into the line.
Tried it, but still the same. I was hoping you had something there.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Follow Up:

They delivered another 51S700 today and I noticed the same problem. To make sure I wasn't seeing things, I plugged my camcorder into the front input and the noise was quite noticeable especially in the reds. Even the delivery guy mentioned how bad it looked. I went down to CC and plugged it in their floor model and the salesman noticed it right away. He was astonished. We then plugged it into half a dozen different brands and models and all saw the same thing to varying degrees except for an $8000 plasma display which is out of my price range.

I just can't believe this set can't look better. Although given I could see noise in several other sets, my expecatations must be too high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.