AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have some serious and strange problems trying to get audio with HDMI from my computer to a receiver and video to television.

This is the setup I would like to work:

1) PC, with AMD Radeon HD 6950 card. It can send 7.1 audio with HDMI. It's connected to my receiver with a HDMI cable:

2) Receiver, Onkyo tx-sr805. The receiver is connected to the LG-TV plasma with HDMI cable.

I get the picture from the computer trough the reciwer and to the TV. But the receiver says "no signal" (no audio signal). This is where the fun starts:

1) If I turn of the TV - the sound works great from the reciwer (signal from HDMI/PC)

2) I bypass the reciwer and have the HDMI directly from the PC to the TV -both sound and picture works.

3) I use a TV-box that sends HDMI instead of the PC and the receiver get the audio signal and the TV the picture (from the receiver).

How can that be possible???? :)

I have tried to set "loudspeakers" to off in TV.

I have set the TV-audio out on the receiver to "off" (and tried with on also)

Any great ideas?

Thanks

Bo from Denmark

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo1973 /forum/post/20777980

Hi there

I have some serious and strange problems trying to get audio with HDMI from my computer to a receiver and video to television.

This is the setup I would like to work:

1) PC, with AMD Radeon HD 6950 card. It can send 7.1 audio with HDMI. It's connected to my receiver with a HDMI cable:

2) Receiver, Onkyo tx-sr805. The receiver is connected to the LG-TV plasma with HDMI cable.

I get the picture from the computer trough the reciwer and to the TV. But the receiver says "no signal" (no audio signal). This is where the fun starts:

1) If I turn of the TV - the sound works great from the reciwer (signal from HDMI/PC)

2) I bypass the reciwer and have the HDMI directly from the PC to the TV -both sound and picture works.

3) I use a TV-box that sends HDMI instead of the PC and the receiver get the audio signal and the TV the picture (from the receiver).

How can that be possible???? :)

I have tried to set "loudspeakers" to off in TV.

I have set the TV-audio out on the receiver to "off" (and tried with on also)

Any great ideas?

Thanks

Bo from Denmark

Not strange at all. That Onkyo is known to have firmware problems and Onkyo issued a firmware update to correct some of its inability to properly read and/or generate the EDID data.

Try this thread for more information on your model,
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=857502

However, I've also read that getting non-U.S. support on this model may be difficult. If I read correctly the new firmware for the 805 is not user installable, so getting in touch with an Onkyo factory repair place may be your only option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.