AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I will be moving into a new house soon, I would like to move my current Sony KDL46XBR4 to the new living room and put in its place (in the new bedroom) a new 40-46" LCD or LED HDTV. Since my living room will now be the new source of entertainment, I do not need all the bells and whistles since the Sony will be able to handle that. The bedroom TV will be primarily used as my pc monitor, cable tv, and blu ray movie watching (occasionally). My friends wife receives a 30% discount on all TVs listed on QVC.com, plus the payment plans make it an optimal. I really like the Samsung LN40C630K1F and 650 that I found on the site. The problem is that I have found a lot of information that says the panels in these particular models are hit and miss with being excellent and complete garbage. Since I really am not ordering the TV not to mention Im sure that whoever even takes the order will ever view the TV, there is no way for me to know in advance which panel I will be getting. My question is: does anyway know if QVC is the "Marshalls or TJ Max" when it comes to electronics. I was also looking into the Samsung UN46C5000 but was unsure if this model also had panel issues and if the 60hz will be a huge drawback for what I want to use it for. I appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

Quote:
Since I really am not ordering the TV not to mention Im sure that whoever even takes the order will ever view the TV, there is no way for me to know in advance which panel I will be getting.

thats the problem when ordering online or through TV channels. The only thing you can do is try to find a B&M store that has it and go look.

Quote:
does anyway know if QVC is the "Marshalls or TJ Max" when it comes to electronics.

No, they sell the same stuff as anywhere else.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahby /forum/post/19556413

Since I will be moving into a new house soon, I would like to move my current Sony KDL46XBR4 to the new living room and put in its place (in the new bedroom) a new 40-46" LCD or LED HDTV. Since my living room will now be the new source of entertainment, I do not need all the bells and whistles since the Sony will be able to handle that. The bedroom TV will be primarily used as my pc monitor, cable tv, and blu ray movie watching (occasionally). My friends wife receives a 30% discount on all TVs listed on QVC.com, plus the payment plans make it an optimal. I really like the Samsung LN40C630K1F and 650 that I found on the site. The problem is that I have found a lot of information that says the panels in these particular models are hit and miss with being excellent and complete garbage. Since I really am not ordering the TV not to mention Im sure that whoever even takes the order will ever view the TV, there is no way for me to know in advance which panel I will be getting. My question is: does anyway know if QVC is the "Marshalls or TJ Max" when it comes to electronics. I was also looking into the Samsung UN46C5000 but was unsure if this model also had panel issues and if the 60hz will be a huge drawback for what I want to use it for. I appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Something that is "Complete Garbage" to many of the members of this Forum is most likely perfectly acceptable to 95% of the TV buying public.

I have two Samsung 650's and love them both. The screens are perfect with no hint of clouding or flashlighting and I bought both of them on-line (not QVC). Because the C5000 is an edge-lit LED LCD, the chances of uneven panel lighting are somewhat greater than a backlit CCFL LCD like the 650 & 630. It all depends on your particular tastes and how much of a chance you are willing to take.

Good luck in your decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts