AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking for advice. I picked up a Klipsch R-10SW for about $175 (sale at Fry's) and am liking it so far. I've seen mixed reviews about it though, mostly based on its MSRP of closer to $400.

Would I be better off looking at something like the Dayton SUB-1200 or SUB-1500, at a price comparable to my R-10SW? Even with the big discount I got on it?

My setup: room is 12 x 16 x 9 (1728 cu. ft.), ELAC Debut B6/C5 speakers in 3.1. Using for mostly HT purposes, a little bit for music.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21,603 Posts
Hi, looking for advice. I picked up a Klipsch R-10SW for about $175 (sale at Fry's) and am liking it so far. I've seen mixed reviews about it though, mostly based on its MSRP of closer to $400.

Would I be better off looking at something like the Dayton SUB-1200 or SUB-1500, at a price comparable to my R-10SW? Even with the big discount I got on it?

My setup: room is 12 x 16 x 9 (1728 cu. ft.), ELAC Debut B6/C5 speakers in 3.1. Using for mostly HT purposes, a little bit for music.

Thanks!
I wouldn't think so.

This actually has lower extension.

https://emotiva.com/products/subwoofers/basx-s8

Review of its big brother.

http://www.soundstageaccess.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/812-emotiva-basx-s12-subwoofer

·
Registered
2,397 Posts

Thanks!
I have the Dayton Sub-1200 I like it, not the best in the world but pretty darn good bang for your buck on the cheap end and I paired it with an existing Polk 12", I think the Dayton sounds better it seems to have smoother response than the Polk. That could be that the Dayton is further away though. I haven't heard the Klipsch sub, however almost anytime someone brings up buying one EVERYONE steers them clear and on to something better. The Emotiva S8 that @gajCA reccommended is pretty well liked if your looking for a sub on a budget.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I would return the r-10 and get the Jamo J-110 on ebay for $180. J-110 is nearly the same as the Klipsch r-110, which is from the higher line of subs than the r-10.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts