AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE  /t/1468808/r-i-p-d-jeff-bridges-ryan-reynolds#post_23217558

Is it just me or does the Cowboy Shtick get old in 2 seconds?
I guess, if you don't like cowboys.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Looks interesting to me. I don't get audio at work, but without any of the dialogue it looks pretty good. Maybe movies would be better this way?

The big guy looked like Jeckyl and Hyde from Van Helsing and the gal reminded me of Flo from the insurance commercials - it does look fun.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basically the dialogue was Jeff making snarky comments to the rookie, Ryan. Much like K and J in MIB. Oh and the hot blonde and old fellow are how they appear to the living.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE  /t/1468808/r-i-p-d-jeff-bridges-ryan-reynolds/0_60#post_23217558

Is it just me or does the Cowboy Shtick get old in 2 seconds?
Rooster Cogburn anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow  /t/1468808/r-i-p-d-jeff-bridges-ryan-reynolds/0_60#post_23218242

The big guy looked like Jeckyl and Hyde from Van Helsing
I immediately thought the same thing.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sargent  /t/1468808/r-i-p-d-jeff-bridges-ryan-reynolds#post_23221325

Definitely going to need a big box of popcorn, but sounds like fun!
Be careful using the f word around here. You might get a demerit.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Interesting title for this thread. I thought the both of them had just died in a sudden and simultaneous old man/crappy actor accident.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1468808/r-i-p-d-jeff-bridges-ryan-reynolds#post_23229366

Interesting title for this thread. I thought the both of them had just died in a sudden and simultaneous old man/crappy actor accident.

Ryan Reynolds is not old and Jeff Bridges is not a crappy actor!!!!

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg  /t/1468808/r-i-p-d-jeff-bridges-ryan-reynolds#post_23229374

Ryan Reynolds is not old and Jeff Bridges is not a crappy actor!!!!
Well played response, young man. I see a promising future here in an internet forum career. I'm gonna keep me eye on you...

·
Registered
28,640 Posts
This filmed in Boston last year, very near my office. For some reason, the production dressed up a newstand to look like a VCR repair shop.

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
To say the least, I am not a Ryan Reynolds fan. He seems to me to be the pretty boy from central casting in almost everything he is in. I really like Jeff Bridges, though. Still I have reservations about R.I.P.D.. As others have already noted, in the trailer, Bridges looked and sounded like a reincarnation of his Rooster Cogburn performance in the Coen brothers' True Grit. Not saying I won't see it under any circumstances but I need to get some feedback before I do. It looks far too derivative to convince me to see it in the theater on Day One.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Watched this last nite.

Pure check-your-brain-at-the-door kinda movie.

Entertaining enough for a single viewing, but that's it.

Although there are some laughs, poor CGI, a mumbling Jeff Bridges, and lousy writing make this a one-off if nothing else is available IMO.

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
It's a shame when an actor with Bridges' credentials ends up in something this bad. He might have known though. After all, Ryan Reynolds is his costar.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.