AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the news that Ernest Borgnine has died at age 95. One of the greatest character actors ever. The highest compliment I can pay him is that he made everything he was in better. Rest in peace, Ernie.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratpacker  /t/1419341/r-i-p-ernest-borgnine#post_22201147

One of the greatest character actors ever. The highest compliment I can pay him is that he made everything he was in better. Rest in peace, Ernie.
+1

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I watched him on AIRWOLF as a kid and really rally loved the guy. Looking back, he gave everything he had in his performances. Even on television.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I worked in tv in Chicago for 35 years. I got to meet Mr. Borgnine about twenty-five years ago when he was on a talk show at our station. One of the other guests was WAY late. So, we had to hold up the production until that guest arrived. That took about an hour. During that time, Mr. Borgnine sat down with we, the tech crew, to "chew the fat". He was a VERY outgoing, VERY funny person. Quite a warm personality--down to earth. He was also up-to-date on just about any topic. Quite easy to feel at ease with and talk to. I felt it was a privilege to have had that opportunity to talk with him. I will miss him. God Bless.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
McHales Navy - GREAT TV show!

He has been in so many good movies and his acting skills covered a variety of parts. My favorite (besides MARTY) is still THE WILD BUNCH.

Saw him recently in a made for TV western on Hallmark Channel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts