AVS Forum banner
1201 - 1220 of 1967 Posts

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
The driver I am looking for is Windows 10 version. I am trying to use it for HCFR
Edit: I found x1pro.dll in a folder after downloading from xrite site I put it in Drivers folder of HCFR nothing happens. I don't want to buy one of the other softwares they're not in my budget. I guess I will return the device. I guess I just wasted $25 on the HDR software. Thanks
Before you return everything, you really should spend some time reading over on the HCFR thread. You need to learn how to set the software up and to get things working. The first page of that thread has a FAQ that should answer your questions. You didn't waste your money - you just don't know what to do yet. However, HDR is at the deepest end of the pool, and you aren't ready. Get your feet wet by working first on SDR, which is much less challenging.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, the Ryan Masciola UHD HDR patterns are set from your XB1X to your house pj to your screen. The software that comes with i1 won't work for UHD HDR.
Note if you use either emby app or the built in media player the xbox one may not render the test images with pixel perfect resolution (so you will fail the 1x1 pixel tests)
This is not an issue when using the 4K blu-ray version of the test patterns.
(i have logged this issue with microsoft)

Reactions: mascior and galonzo

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
The driver I am looking for is Windows 10 version. I am trying to use it for HCFR
Edit: I found x1pro.dll in a folder after downloading from xrite site I put it in Drivers folder of HCFR nothing happens. I don't want to buy one of the other softwares they're not in my budget. I guess I will return the device. I guess I just wasted $25 on the HDR software. Thanks
HCFR requires no external drivers for the i1D3. Installing wrong drivers may even prevent HCFR from seeing the meter!

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

·
Registered
10,497 Posts
Hi, the X-Rite i1Display PRO (colorimeter) is a USB 2.0 Full Speed (actually is a USB Low Power Device) using USB human interface device class (USB HID class) interface.

Human Interface Device (HID) drivers contained in Windows, there no other drivers needed to be installed from X-Rite or HCFR or SpectraCAL sources to operate the instrument.

The X-Rite i1PRO1/2 (spectrophotometer) only requires drivers to install to operate it.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,206 ·
Noted with thanks. HOWEVER, inside RM's site for Colour n Tint, he stated that if your display did not have the built-in Blue filter, we can buy one seperately for the calibration. Maybe this is only for the Basic calibration.

P.S. Dear Ryan, can u also give me some input on this ? Thanks in advance.
Hi ac388,

This will need to be updated within my manual, as this is not accurate. I would only recommend internal/integrated RGB filters within the display device. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks!

- Ryan M.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Ryan

Do you have examples of both good and bad of your test footage to confirm if tone mapping is dialled in? For example, the restaurant scene, how much detail should be seen outside on the wall with the shutter and then on the inside wall with the photos or under the table?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,208 ·
Hi Ryan

Do you have examples of both good and bad of your test footage to confirm if tone mapping is dialled in? For example, the restaurant scene, how much detail should be seen outside on the wall with the shutter and then on the inside wall with the photos or under the table?
Hi viperlogic,

Currently, I do not. However, I will most likely add the original sRGB .tif files to the pattern suite for reference. Also, for what it's worth, I will be adding true UHD/HDR graded footage within my next update. Thanks!

- Ryan M.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi viperlogic,

Currently, I do not. However, I will most likely add the original sRGB .tif files to the pattern suite for reference. Also, for what it's worth, I will be adding true UHD/HDR graded footage within my next update. Thanks!

- Ryan M.
Glad to hear, any rough ETA?

·
Registered
55 Posts
HCFR requires no external drivers for the i1D3. Installing wrong drivers may even prevent HCFR from seeing the meter!
Before you return everything, you really should spend some time reading over on the HCFR thread. You need to learn how to set the software up and to get things working. The first page of that thread has a FAQ that should answer your questions. You didn't waste your money - you just don't know what to do yet. However, HDR is at the deepest end of the pool, and you aren't ready. Get your feet wet by working first on SDR, which is much less challenging.
Hi, the X-Rite i1Display PRO (colorimeter) is a USB 2.0 Full Speed (actually is a USB Low Power Device) using USB human interface device class (USB HID class) interface.

Human Interface Device (HID) drivers contained in Windows, there no other drivers needed to be installed from X-Rite or HCFR or SpectraCAL sources to operate the instrument.

The X-Rite i1PRO1/2 (spectrophotometer) only requires drivers to install to operate it.
Ok I got it to show up on the HCFR but now how do I get it to run with Ryan Masciola UHD HDR patterns?

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Ok I got it to show up on the HCFR but now how do I get it to run with Ryan Masciola UHD HDR patterns?
You have to put the patterns on a thumb drive and manually play them on a compatible device connected to your display or from a compatible display.
You can't just play the patterns from HCFR and automatically display patterns to your display. That's what a TPG is for.

When HCFR tells you to display a 10% pattern, then you will have to manually play that pattern on the display. 20%, etc, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
You have to put the patterns on a thumb drive and manually play them on a compatible device connected to your display or from a compatible display.
You can't just play the patterns from HCFR and automatically display patterns to your display. That's what a TPG is for.

When HCFR tells you to display a 10% pattern, then you will have to manually play that pattern on the display. 20%, etc, etc.

I have it on a thumb drive connected to my Xbox one X which is connected to my projector. I also have it saved on my computer which has the HCFR software. So my setup so far is Xbox One X connected to Projector so you're saying I need computer connected to projector playing the files instead?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hi Ryan,

Noted with thanks.

Hi ac388,

This will need to be updated within my manual, as this is not accurate. I would only recommend internal/integrated RGB filters within the display device. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks!

- Ryan M.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
Actually HCFR can display the patterns automatically, although you may need to manually place the TV/Projector in HDR mode.
However, to get the highest calibration accuracy, it's usually recommended that you display the test patterns using the same device that you will be using for watching movies.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I have it on a thumb drive connected to my Xbox one X which is connected to my projector. I also have it saved on my computer which has the HCFR software. So my setup so far is Xbox One X connected to Projector so you're saying I need computer connected to projector playing the files instead?
You need a playback device that can process and transmit HDR10 material. Most likely your laptop won't be able to, but your Xbox One X will. HCFR on your laptop will take the readings from your colorimeter and display it in a way that is easier to understand. Just setup HCFR for HDR10 calibration and go from there. With that said, I would suggest you take further questions to the HCFR forum, as you will get better support there. Also you really should work on learning SDR calibration first.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Actually HCFR can display the patterns automatically, although you may need to manually place the TV/Projector in HDR mode.
However, to get the highest calibration accuracy, it's usually recommended that you display the test patterns using the same device that you will be using for watching movies.
You are correct, but you will need a computer capable of transmitting HDR10. He is using a laptop and purchased the patterns, so my answer is based on that information.

·
Registered
11,128 Posts
You are correct, but you will need a computer capable of transmitting HDR10. He is using a laptop and purchased the patterns, so my answer is based on that information.
As mentioned in my previous reply, if your TV/Projector can be placed in the HDR mode manually, you do not need to transmit HDR10 from the computer. You can even use a ChromeCast to display the patterns.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
As mentioned in my previous reply, if your TV/Projector can be placed in the HDR mode manually, you do not need to transmit HDR10 from the computer. You can even use a ChromeCast to display the patterns.
I assumed since he purchased the patterns that his projector can't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello! Sorry for my bad Enlish, I'm from Russia. I have LG OLED C6 and x-rite i1 d3. I bought R.Masciola's HDR-10 UHD Test Pattern.
Please help me how i can calibrate my TV with LG Oled test patterns 2016 on HCFR? I read that I need to use color checker - coolorusers.csv
If I create this file where I can calibrate grayscale in HCFR with correct 21pt (with LG OLED 2016 code)?

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Hello! Sorry for my bad Enlish, I'm from Russia. I have LG OLED C6 and x-rite i1 d3. I bought R.Masciola's HDR-10 UHD Test Pattern.
Please help me how i can calibrate my TV with LG Oled test patterns 2016 on HCFR? I read that I need to use color checker - coolorusers.csv
If I create this file where I can calibrate grayscale in HCFR with correct 21pt (with LG OLED 2016 code)?
Hi - you don't need to use usercolors.csv anymore. Use OLED light to adjust for 540 nits at 100% input first. Then for your case choose "LG_540_2016" from the color checker patterns dropdown box in preferences->references. Match the measured Y to the Y target and adjust for grayscale x,y using the 20pt control on the LG.

1201 - 1220 of 1967 Posts