1901 - 1915 of 1915 Posts

·
Registered
10,618 Posts
I guess this Forum has come to an end ?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Actually, I've been talking with Ryan as with ColourSpace you can use the Manual Measure 'Presets' to match any of the patch sequences within his different disc sets (any of them).

Ryan is making the matching .csv files at the moment, although any user can make them easily.

There will be a dedicated page on the Light Illusion website shortly...
(And the DVS website is being totally updated - so I am told.)

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello sirs, i m trying to calibrate my 65 " SAMSUNG Q90T but in hdr there is no way to do it because 20 point grayscale is not 5% steps like it should be
(only 2 point calibration is possibile using standard patterns...)

Now i m here to ask if ryan masciola include patterns for this kind of situation ...
or if there is any solution to do it using my spyder5 probe and hcfr...

Thanks

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Just the two point. Samsung's control points for HDR multipoint gray scale have changed from year to year and model to model, so it's difficult to build in the correct patterns for every model into a pattern set.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
No. Even a paid solution I use doesn't support multipoint HDR on the Samsungs for that reason.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I can't resign myself...There is some kind of solution?
Even a payed one?
Depends what you mean. CalMAN pathetically doesn't support HDR 20 point AutoCal for 2019 Samsungs, but I haven't seen info one way or the other about 2020 Samsungs, so you'd have to ask Portrait Displays about that. With an HDR capable pattern generator (like madTPG, or PGenerator+HD Fury) and software that supports it, it would be possible to generate the correct patterns, if you know what the correct adjustment points are. If you can't find someone who knows what they are, you'd have to go through a laborious search&measure process to try to determine what they are, but if you succeeded, then you'd be able to do manual calibration. One other consideration is whether your meter is accurate for luminance over 1000 nits.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Does anyone collate the correct pattern values for the different TVs out there?
(HDR and SDR.)

With the imminent release of the Free ColourSpace ZRO, with a HDFury, it would be possible to generate matching .CSV (Excel) patch lists for all known TVs, and perform a calibration for HDR (and SDR, obviously).

We already have matching .CSV lists available for the various patch sequences on Ryan's discs.
(You can use any of the patch sequences on Ryan's discs - ColourSpace; Calman; ChromaPure, with HCFR being done at the moment.)

Steve

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Does anyone collate the correct pattern values for the different TVs out there?
(HDR and SDR.)

With the imminent release of the Free ColourSpace ZRO, with a HDFury, it would be possible to generate matching .CSV (Excel) patch lists for all known TVs, and perform a calibration for HDR (and SDR, obviously).

We already have matching .CSV lists available for the various patch sequences on Ryan's discs.
(You can use any of the patch sequences on Ryan's discs - ColourSpace; Calman; ChromaPure, with HCFR being done at the moment.)

Steve
Steve, as I remember, some of the adjustment points I've seen given for some of these sets are in decimal values, not integer. Would rounding be an issue in such cases?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
The likelihood of any rounding having any measurable issue on calibration is so close to zero as to be irrelevant.
Having said that, ColourSpace is float internally, and we will be doing an update in the near future to enable the patch sliders, and .csv lists, to be set in variable bit depts. likely up to 16 bit...
That really will negate any potential for any issue, no matter how tiny.
(Decimal values are usually just 'normalised' range.)

Steve

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
FWIW, in the case of the Samsung Q90R, the HDR adjustment points are decimal percentages, but integer 8-bit RGB. My guess is the Q90T is the same.

·
Registered
10,618 Posts
Samsung usually sets the HDR values, and leaves the User to calibrate only the HDR 2 Point and CMS . On the new sets 21 Point HDR can be calibrated ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't understand the meaning of the samsung hdr 20-point white calibration,
it is unusable since it does not use standard calibration points

samsung engineers, how did they think the average home user could use this feature?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I don't understand the meaning of the samsung hdr 20-point white calibration,
it is unusable since it does not use standard calibration points

samsung engineers, how did they think the average home user could use this feature?
Be aware that the SDR adjustment points aren't actually 5% steps either, at least on the Q90R.
The average home user doesn't calibrate. ;)

1901 - 1915 of 1915 Posts