AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

R60XBR1 HDMI Problem

482 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  baronmon
Just got an HDMI DVD player for the XBR1 (both Christmas gifts for my Dad) and hooked it up onto input 6. I get no picture no matter what I do. Then hooked it up HDMI input 7 and got a picture. I switched the cable back to input 6 and still no picture. So basically, only one of my HDMI inputs seems to work. Is it safe to assume I got a TV with a broken HDMI input 6 or is there something I'm missing. I'd like to make sure I'm not just making a stupid mistake before I call/visit the retailer tomorrow.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
yeah there is something wrong with your tv. I have the same tv and my HDMI input 6 works.
I've switched back and forth between inputs 6 and 7 and they both work fine for me.
It could also be the HDMI connector. They tend to be finicky. I would try another connector or attempt to remove any cable strain before I would blame the TV.
Mine doesn't like the SA 8300 very much. It seems to like component from the SA 8300 and HDMI from the Panasonic S97. Go figure.
Well, on input 7 my Sony DVPNS70H works fine, but if I change it over to input 6, I get nothing at all. Both inputs are HDMI. I'm just glad I tried it on 6 first or I wouldn't have found out that I had a dead HDMI jack until January when the HD Tivo is supposed to be installed. I just have to wait till tomorrow until PC Richard's service department is open before I can get them to come fix it.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.