AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the proper settings for lighting, black level, contrast, etc, for the RCA f38310?

I know there are service menu directions on this site, however... I wish to have someone guide me who has used the set extensively..... who would have the information?

Thanks.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Me because I am crippled but watch 4 varities:

1. DVD movies

2. Vcr Movies

3. Digital Choice cable TV

4. Internet browsing

All on same tv that is on from 9AM to 1AM

Read what I have to say about F-38310 that in less than 2 weeks I will have owned it 1 year trouble free! Purchase price $2999, included RC6000P DVD progressive Scan DVP,

as rebate for buying this set. I post on all F-38310 questions, I am the one that has to have, some form of entertainment in my life in my apartment! :)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Buy a copy of Avia or Video Essentials on DVD. They contain test screens for properly setting the color, tint, contract, and black level, and doing a few other video adjustments. They make a big difference. Eventually, you may want to have an expert come out and do a full calibration on your set. Look for someone who is ISF certified. They'll do a number of other things -- do a search on "ISF Calibration" to find out more about it.

Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have an answer to your question, but i am looking into buying one of these sets (2200 at the Wiz). I am torn between this and the Rear projection Sony KP51HW40 51 and Panasonic PT47WX49. I will only be using the set for PS2, Xbox, and Progressive scan DVD. I wanted to know your opinions. Also, this is a stupid question, but i'm new to this: do widescreen tv's play widescreen dvd's w/ letterbox or does the wide image fill the whole screen? Thanks for any help in advance (sorry for diversion)

kris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.