AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, please!

I shoot interviews in the field, and never know what the lighting will be like. I'm a one-woman band so I am limited in what I can carry to a shoot. The last interview was in a brightly lit room with overhead lighting. I used a silver reflector and lit up the subject's face some but she still had horrible raccoon eyes on the video. I had limited options since the one electrical plug was where we set up and the lighting was the same no matter what the position.

Most of my subjects are elderly and raccoon eyes is a concern to start with.

I put a small LED light in front of the reflector but my test-dummy (patient husband) says the reflection/shine is annoying.

Anyone have any ideas for a simple solution?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_G  /t/1520423/raccoon-eyes-despite-reflector#post_24425296

Help, please!

I shoot interviews in the field, and never know what the lighting will be like. I'm a one-woman band so I am limited in what I can carry to a shoot. The last interview was in a brightly lit room with overhead lighting. I used a silver reflector and lit up the subject's face some but she still had horrible raccoon eyes on the video. I had limited options since the one electrical plug was where we set up and the lighting was the same no matter what the position.

Most of my subjects are elderly and raccoon eyes is a concern to start with.

I put a small LED light in front of the reflector but my test-dummy (patient husband) says the reflection/shine is annoying.

Anyone have any ideas for a simple solution?

Thanks!

Is there any way you can post a sample image for download to see if it can be fixed in post? What camera are you using?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, the interviewee signed permission to do the interview only for the foundation I volunteer for, and so I can't publicly display it anywhere.

Oh--Canon Vixia HF R400.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts