1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisOneKidMongo /forum/post/15414995

1) Mario Kart

2) Wii Wheel

3) Mario Kart w/ Wii Wheel

Would only argue #2, for personally I like MK w/ the Wiimote/nunchuck combo better (more akin to N64-era Karting for me). Wheel is fun, but at least for me lacks the precision the analog stick gets you.

· Registered
847 Posts
We also have the Nerf wheel (part of a Nerf Wii sports pack that includes bat, golf club, wheel, and tennis racket.) I am still trying to fall in love with the wii, but am failing. I'm not liking much so far (Christmas gift.) I'll keep trying. My daughter hogs the console with Animal Crossing, so I still need to put in more time. Back on topic, we have both the Nerf and the Mario Kart wheel and they both leave much to be desired imho.

· Registered
4,742 Posts
Well, there's always Jeep Thrills for the rough'n'ready crowd. The UI is a bit fudged, but once you're actually racing it's better. Lots of courses and challenges, plus vehicles to unlock (all Jeeps, of course, so...).

Certain aspects of it are shovelware-esque however.

· Registered
3,289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezug /forum/post/15419156

Mario Kart is fun, but come on, is this the ONLY racing game for the Wii? This thing has been out 2+ years...are there no other racing games? Nascar? Formula One? Anything?

Ferrari Challenge has to be the next best racing on the Wii. My only peeve was that it had mono sound and that its only Ferrari. Its the Wiipoor-man's version of any other modern racer.

How to you jump in Mario Kart with a wheel that has suckers on the bottom?

Mario Kart works best with no wheel.

· Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyHTPC /forum/post/15426616

Ferrari Challenge has to be the next best racing on the Wii. My only peeve was that it had mono sound and that its only Ferrari. Its the Wiipoor-man's version of any other modern racer.

How to you jump in Mario Kart with a wheel that has suckers on the bottom?

Mario Kart works best with no wheel.

Agree...and find I am not alone. MK Wii is best w/ an analog stick - pure & simple. Only use the Wheel now when it's required during the occasional Wheel-only tournaments (or when my 2 yr old wants to "drive" while we play MK).

· Registered
3,289 Posts
EA took a close look at Mario Kart and replaced the elements with NASCAR. But I will check it out when it comes out. Im shocked (not really) that theres no online even with EA's many online games for the Wii.

· Registered
7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 /forum/post/15420702

Well, there's always Jeep Thrills for the rough'n'ready crowd. The UI is a bit fudged, but once you're actually racing it's better. Lots of courses and challenges, plus vehicles to unlock (all Jeeps, of course, so...).

Certain aspects of it are shovelware-esque however.

Personally I think Jeep Thrills sucks big time (I own it). Steering control is poor. It is not a "sim" or an "arcade", and isn't much fun unless you like to let friends try it and laugh at them when they can't control the vehicle.

Excite Truck isn't too bad as an arcade type. Need for Speed Prostreet is a possibility for a sim type

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.