AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In anticipation of Project Cars, I've been pulling out a bunch of older racing games and having a blast.

F1 2013 is cool (Monaco Baby!!!), Midnight Club LA... Good stuff. But I'm especially having fun with Grid Autosport.

I wish they had an online share feature like PS4 games, but ... whatyagonnnado? I used my phone camera to record some of this race. Just fun... driving. GREAT graphics for PS3 and really nice lighting.

My question for you guys is: What are some of your favorite racers from over the years?

Reactions: mphfrom77

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've always been a fan of Gran Turismo, but they really need to work on their impact physics and car sounds, especially the engines.

Agreed. From what I've seen... well, heard, Project Cars has awesome sounds.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like nexus? :p

Gotta throw out rc pro am as my original classic. Atari had the first one I remember playing but can't remember the name.

I remember that Atari 2600 game!! (Was it Indy 500?) They had a nasty curve in the track called "The Devil's Elbow" ! Seriously.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Recent gen it was Burnout Paradise on the PS3. Old school I have fond memories of Carmageddon & Spy Hunter although one could debate if they were true "racing games" or not. They were a lot of fun in cars though...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fun Grid Autosport action from this weekend. Sorry for the crappy video quality.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Pole Position...lol...that was the original racing game right? Then it went to different consoles right? (Edit- the guy in the post below this in the video said Sega Turbo was before Pole Position)

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Oh, yeah, OutRun...I didn't spend a lot of money on arcades growing up, but this was like the only game at the pizza place in town that was frequented after many sporting events with our teams.

(And this guy says that Sega Turbo came out before Pole Position.)

OutRun was a pretty big game changer indeed, as this guy points out.

I remember the shaking that he was talking about.

It was a really tough arcade.

This guys says this was the 3rd top racing game after Turbo and Pole Position.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Excitebike was a pretty big deal. Everyone loved Excitebike. (is it just one word? lol)

Awesome video...you have to watch at least part of this video.

You could make your own track right?

Sweet (I like this thread!!!)

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I guess I am just posting some of my favs.

And enter R.C. Pro-Am.

Loved me some RC Pro-Am.

We're up to 1987 here.

OMG, this guy is spot on...I have seen a couple of his videos just now.

This game was challenging. You really had to remember each course. And I think every now and then the AI would just go nuts and pass you and you couldn't win or something...idk...can't remember. But classic.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
1989 - Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road

Was a nice arcade where 3 people could race at the same time with steering wheels.

NES came out with their version of it as well just called Super Off Road.

But it was not quite as nice as the arcade version.

I didn't spend a lot of time playing it, but I pretty much had to play a couple rounds everytime I was near it for some reason. It had something that really appealed to me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
For me it's Forza. To me it's been the best in console racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smigro

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
My buddy had a motorcyle game on Sega Genesis that always seemed to be around. We played it from time to time for like years.

Road Rash was the name.

Gosh, I remember that music (like the song at 9:17 was just classic).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts