AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any bright ideas (pun intended) on rack lighting? Mine will be in the same room as my HT and I prefer not to turn on all the lights to be able to see what I am doing if I need to make an adjustment.

I was thinking of a simple eye-ball can light in the ceiling a few feet out from the wall.

Any photos would help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad idea. I could hide these on the shelf above each component with some molding on the front of the shelf possibly.

I was not sure what most people do in these situation, light up the whole front or just use low wattage lighting within the cabinet?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry cant post links yet. Do a search at musicians friend Here is a good start, all furman stuff, the line conditioning stuff is a nice add on if you already don't have power protection.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1972 /forum/post/15491480

Try this

The higher end ones have a 12v bnc connector to put an optional goose neck light on the back.

you dont have to go too high end and you can get them built in, the knobs on the front are slide out lights and I got the impression the original poster was looking for light on the front not the back.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Although it is a rare occasion when I need to use it, I simply plug a cheap goose neck USB powered LED light into the front USB port of my racked HTPC. Saves precious space in an already full rack too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts