AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm putting together a new system and I'm having trouble finding out if certain components have rack mount kits available. Does anybody know if there is a place to find out this information? The main components are a Mcintosh MC205, and SimAudio Moon 350P.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Either that or buy rack mount shelves for the components you can't get kits for.

Some gear was never designed to be rack mounted in the first place.

·
Registered
13,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308
Either that or buy rack mount shelves for the components you can't get kits for.

Some gear was never designed to be rack mounted in the first place.
+1 -- If the front panel and/or sides are not meant to carry the weight via only the rack suports, your best best is a rack shelf a.la. Middle Atlantic as suggested.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That MC-205 is HEAVY. I'd either not rack that guy, or get a full shelf that connects to all 4 posts rather than just the front of the rack. That being said, we have an MC-205 here (great amp btw) and opted to not mount it and just use an amp stand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I decided to go with full shelves, Middle Atlantic claims that their full shelve (back and front support) will support up to 100 pounds or so. The MC205 weighs around 80 pounds and I'm going to rack it at the bottom so it should be ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts