AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an Onkyo 707 and I'm looking to rack mount it, and some of my other equipment. I've looked over google, and posted in the 707 thread, but haven't came across anything yet. Anyone else have any idea where to get the kit or a shelf to do this?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
If you want to securely attach the receiver to the rack itself, the 707 may be compatible with the Onkyo/Integra rack-mount brackets that attach to the screw holes in the side of the chassis, such as the IRK-175 kit.

I don't know if the holes would line up properly, though, or if the 707's chassis is designed for that type of mounting. You'd want to research that, or maybe give Onkyo support a call to ask, if nobody else here can clarify this.

If it will work, don't buy the kit direct from Onkyo. They want like $200 for them. You can usually snag them on eBay or Audiogon for considerably less, as the kits are included free with Onkyo Pro processors and many users don't need them.

If there is no kit compatible with the 707, you can always mount a shelf to sit it on, as mentioned above.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18229867

I just did a google search for "rack mounted shelf" and those came up right away!

I was looking at a lot of places that had pro audio, that's probably why i didn't find too much. Parts express has some, but they're expensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboRay /forum/post/18231197

If you want to securely attach the receiver to the rack itself, the 707 may be compatible with the Onkyo/Integra rack-mount brackets that attach to the screw holes in the side of the chassis, such as the IRK-175 kit.

I don't know if the holes would line up properly, though, or if the 707's chassis is designed for that type of mounting. You'd want to research that, or maybe give Onkyo support a call to ask, if nobody else here can clarify this.

If it will work, don't buy the kit direct from Onkyo. They want like $200 for them. You can usually snag them on eBay or Audiogon for considerably less, as the kits are included free with Onkyo Pro processors and many users don't need them.

If there is no kit compatible with the 707, you can always mount a shelf to sit it on, as mentioned above.

Thanks! I'll look into this! It would be sweet if they did line up! That way I won't have to worry about securing a bunch of stuff when we move. Just uplugg my wires, lock the case up and go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts