AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my equipment in a separate equipment / rack room which has both

i) a 110 CFM fan to exhaust the hot air; and

ii) an air vent to supply cool air from and adjacent room.

I am curious as to what a safe upper temperature limit is for the equipment in this room...for example is, 85 degrees Fahrenheit a safe upper temperature, is 90 degrees Fahrenheit a safe upper temperature, etc...

I can get a fairly accurate temperature readings as I have a Crestron temperature puck/sensor that is used to turn the exhaust fan on/off installed within the equipment rack

Thanks so much...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My thermal dynamics engineer friend told me that 85 degrees was a good threshold for long electronics life. That is where I set mine. Mind you he also told me I really needed twice as much air exchange and a non-passive intake so he might be over engineering a little.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggie /forum/post/19519942

My thermal dynamics engineer friend told me that 85 degrees was a good threshold for long electronics life. That is where I set mine. Mind you he also told me I really needed twice as much air exchange and a non-passive intake so he might be over engineering a little.

Moggie:

Appreciate the response...the idea/thought of a non-passive air exchange is an interesting way of increase the cold air flow into a room...

Thanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts