Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodness, how does one even begin?

I could go about throwing out all sorts of numbers and measurements but the long and short of it is this:

The Setup:

Mitsubishi - WS-73909 (The ol' 73 incher)= TV

Denon AVR-4802 = Receiver

Denon 3800 = DVD Player

Magnavox 5 Disc Changer = CD Player

Tivo

Playstation 2

X-Box

GameCube

Def Tech Speakers (2-BP3000TL, 2-BPVX/P, 1-C/L/R3000)

My setup is being delivered probably next week sometime (the 8th of June), and the two options for rooms is the den, which serves as the main entertainment room at this point in time and the living room, the first room you walk into upon entering my home.

The Den: Pretty square. Big enough for a sofa against one wall and a love seat against the other. The 2 remaining walls would be used for 1.) the TV, speakers, etc... & 2.) Well, the last remaining wall has two large french doors in them, so nothing there.

It's been the main TV room ever since I can remember. It works as a TV room and a safe bet with no risks for putting the setup in there. Due to it's size, only allows for a 5.1 channel audio set up.

The Living Room: Longer than it is wide. A sofa and love seat will fit in the room. With a greater distance from the TV than in the den.

Due to it's size, it would allow for a 7.1 channel audio set up.

The problem with the living room is that the wall that would be used for the TV, speakers, etc...is not big enough for all of it. The TV and speakers would work, but then the question of where do you put the receiver, tivo, etc...?

The dealer suggested putting them on the other side of the wall that the TV would be on and use an IF remote set up to control them. Course, to put in a DVD, I would have to walk around to the other room to put one in.

With the cabinet holding all the components on the wall WITH the TV, it throws off the placement of the speakers and well...then we run out of room on that wall as well.

Then of course, there's the video game consols and what to do with them.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm open for anything on how I can use the living room as the theater. Also, if you need any more detail information, let me know and I can provide you with it (measurements, deminsions...etc.).

Thanks,

~Jay

·
Registered
657 Posts
Got a few questions for you...

What is above and below this room. Attic and basement? Is the basement finished or not? If so, drywall or drop ceiling? Is there anyplace else in the room where you could put an equipment rack besides the wall with the TV?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have mentioned, as you pointed out, that there is no basement...it's all attic.

Also, I think we solved the problem today, buy building a shelf just above the TV to hold any and all components I'll have, including the center speaker as well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
make that shelf strong

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it'll be holding up a center channel speaker (def tech l/c/r3000), as well as the receiver (denon 4802), dvd player (denon 3800), and the TiVo. I have decided to keep the cd changer in it's original location as that room will serve as a media library with DVDs, CDs, and Games...as well as provide for a reading/listening room also.

The DVD and receiver have a total weight of 65lbs. I have yet to locate the weight of the TiVo & the center speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.