AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the rackmount chassis on Newegg? I'm more accustomed to the "industrial strength" ones our IT department uses and the ones on Newegg seem a little...flimsy.

Are there any "out there" for under $500 that come with GOOD casters and are sliderail and tray expandable? I'm a hair's breath away from purchasing a Norco 4020, hence my question. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
913 Posts
i assume you mean a rack enclosure..

you can pick up a 10622 hp/compaq rack (22u) for about $500 (used) if you look around ebay and wait.

i got a used one for around $500. its fabuloous

built like a tank..highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I have a Norco D600S, and i can speak for its amazing build quality. It is thick heavy duty steal, unlike anything found is consumer electronics now days.

I havnt felt what real servers feel like so I cant make a comparison, but I can tell you for sure that the Norco cases are sturdy.

In full disclosure, I have one listed in the for sale area.

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, around here (work) they call 'em "chassis" or "cabinets", but the suggestions mentioned here were on target.

I'll keep a lookout for that 10622. Basically, I'd like something that:

o Has GOOD casters (that will roll on carpet).

o Allows the installation of sliderails.

o Can also install slidetrays for components that aren't rackmountable.

o Also allows for powerstrips.

o Comes with cable management features.

I know I'm asking a lot for something less than $500. I'll also check out servercase.com, middleatlantic.com, and that D600S. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
913 Posts
just a heads up...the 10622 weighs close to 200 pounds, and gets shipped on a pallet. it can hold 2000 pounds of electronic goodies. i have a norco drive array mounted in my rack enclosure, and while the norco products are robust, they do not come close to the 10622 (which retails for north of $2000 new).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.