AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to enable 1280x960 resolution for Radeon 9000 in Windows XP with Catalyst 3.2 driver without using Powerstrip? I'm looking for registry tweak.

·
Registered
797 Posts
You don't have to go all the way to the Registry Treak. Check out Rage3dTweak at http://www.rage3d.com/r3dtweak/

But for the non-faint-of-heart, the Key(s) you are looking for contain the text 'DALNonStandard'. You should find several instances. If you double-click the Key, you will see a display of Hex Numbers which contain one row per resolution. While all columns are interpreted, most can just be left as '00' to use the default (e.g. for Refresh Rate). The line I would add to get your 1280x960 resolution is:

12 80 09 60 00 00 00 00

That what you're looking for?

I'd suggest adding this entry to each and every instance of 'DALNonStandard' you find and a Reboot. When you come back up, bring up your Adapter Properties and select 'List All Modes'. Scroll down the list to find your 1280x960 'non-standard' resolution.

Rage3dTweak is certainly easier, however... And PowerStrip will allow you to adjust for Overscan should your Monitor/Display not provide this...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.