AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Radeon 5450 and a Samsung 720p tv.

The video through the DVI (using DVI to VGA adaptor) looks great.

I just hooked up the HDMI cable and the video is horrible. Very unsharp text, muted/distorted colors, generally blurry.

I have the latest drivers and HDMI audio works fine.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I have adjusted the overscan and tried different resolutions, and cannot get the picture sharp or the colors correct with hdmi. Looks beautiful with DVI but HDMI is awful. I need HDMI to work as system is going to be run through a multi-hdmi setup. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenilnil /forum/post/19572205

So I have adjusted the overscan and tried different resolutions, and cannot get the picture sharp or the colors correct with hdmi. Looks beautiful with DVI but HDMI is awful. I need HDMI to work as system is going to be run through a multi-hdmi setup. Any other suggestions?

Have you hooked up another HDMI source to make sure the problem isn't with the TV HDMI and not the htpc?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the same card with the same issue, I had always connected with a dvi to hdmi to my tv, and it looks great. A few weeks ago I decided to connect with just hdmi, and it looks awful, bad colors, bleeding reds, and I cant seem to fix it, so I switched back to dvi. Op, what brand is your card? Mines Sapphire

·
Registered
470 Posts
Try to set both HTPC and TV to same levels - PC or TV. I've set my setup (5450:HDMI and FullHD TV) to PC levels (Full RGB). At least try to set 5450 to Full RGB.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have another HDMI source hooked up and it looks great.

I have the Sapphire 5450 mentioned above. Perhaps Sapphire messed something up.

Set the 5450 to full RGB PC and no dice.

OMGITSOOP: Have you tried a DVI to HDMI adapter? Does the fix the issue? If so, can this card carry audio over DVI?

·
Registered
82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenilnil /forum/post/19575335

I have another HDMI source hooked up and it looks great.

I have the Sapphire 5450 mentioned above. Perhaps Sapphire messed something up.

Set the 5450 to full RGB PC and no dice.

OMGITSOOP: Have you tried a DVI to HDMI adapter? Does the fix the issue? If so, can this card carry audio over DVI?

Dvi will never be able to carry audio, I just use a optical audio cord to my reciever. I wanted to cut down on the number of cords back there, that's why I tried the hdmi to hdmi cable in the first place

1 - 12 of 12 Posts