AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed this card into my PC and ran the ATI DVD player but somehow the picture is very jerking. What did I miss? My config: PIII 550, GA-BX2000+ motherboard, 512MB, 30GB.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

DP

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
What driver version are you using? What sound card? Is the DVD-ROM's DMA enabled?

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
101 Posts
You should go to the control panel and see if you have the de-interlace option ticked in the ATI multi-media section.

Also as Kei says check the DMA is enabled in system properties for your DVD drive.

To be honest though, although the ATI card is great, the player IMHO is a piece of SH*$. I have never got it to work consistantly, and when I have, have found it no better than the latest build of PowerDVD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you. I enabled the DMA and it works ok now. Now I need a good sound card so I can pass DD5.1 and DTS to my receiver. Which card do you recommend? I am using an AWE64 Gold at the moment? Can I get DD5.1 out of this card?

Thanks,

DP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.