AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I just installed the drivers after uninstalling my previous nvidia drivers.

Went to setup the audio output and I can only set the number of channels to 2 channel sound.

I am trying to get bitstreaming to work.

Catalyst drivers installed are latest 11.7 version. Should I try different drivers?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I installed AMD HDMI audio drivers. I think the problem might be related to some of the software I have installed and possibly shark 007 codecs. I have uninstalled everything, but I am going to try a quick re-install of windows and see what happens.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hornfeck /forum/post/20794555

You will first have to to get to where the handshake says your HDCP status is "supported" and then go activate (check) the Supported Audio Formats, passthrough of DD/DTS and reboot.

Any more information. When I go to my display settings it shows that my display device is my Onkyo SR805 receiver, so the handshake should be good right?

Does it matter what motherboard I am using? I have an Intel Bad Axe motherboard (socket 775). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813121059

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninkyle17 /forum/post/20802205

Any more information. When I go to my display settings it shows that my display device is my Onkyo SR805 receiver, so the handshake should be good right?

Does it matter what motherboard I am using? I have an Intel Bad Axe motherboard (socket 775). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813121059

Limitation of the Audio controller?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I am wondering if I should go try out a different receiver. I am only using the Onkyo for video and audio processing. I have an Emotiva amp handling the real work

Or I will look out for a cheap 775 motherboard?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
A different receiver or motherboard isn't going to help. I would check your receiver settings to make sure they are correct, it's not set to passthrough and the card is using your TV speakers. A fresh install of Windows without any extra codecs would be a good start also.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did a fresh install of windows after I was having the initial problems. It didn't fix the issue. I have looked through the Onkyo 805 thread, but I must be missing where it details how to setup the receiver for bitstreaming.

I do not think there is a specific setting on the Onkyo to setup HDMI passthrough. When it receives signal from the 6850 video card via HDMI the receiver is displaying "HDMI through" on the front readout.

@ DJwikiera: no sound is coming from my TV at all. The sound comes from all my 5.1 speakers, but in doing channel checks with TrueHD audio samples and DTS audio samples the channels are all wonky.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
HDMI through sounds like a passthrough, turn off. Do you have [Surr] selected on your remote.

[SURR] button

This button selects the Dolby Digital and DTS listening
modes.

What software player are you using. Still sounds like a receiver setting.

I do have a 605 and 705 without problems using Nvidia. Controls are different on the 805.

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runninkyle17 /forum/post/20792657

Okay, so I just installed the drivers after uninstalling my previous nvidia drivers.

Went to setup the audio output and I can only set the number of channels to 2 channel sound.

I am trying to get bitstreaming to work.

Catalyst drivers installed are latest 11.7 version. Should I try different drivers?

I'm using an 805 with a Radeon 5770 and it works. Recently a new problem has popped that requires me to re-start my HTPC every time I shut off my projector or the sound will either revert back to 2 channel or not work at all. I've had to go to *control panel* - *Hardware and Sound* - *Manage Audio Devices* - *ATI HDMI Output* - *Configure* - *Select your setup* - *Test* in order to get it to work. I don't know why things changed but they have and I didn't make any changes on my own. Perhaps you're having a similar problem.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Mathis /forum/post/20805194

I'm using an 805 with a Radeon 5770 and it works. Recently a new problem has popped that requires me to re-start my HTPC every time I shut off my projector or the sound will either revert back to 2 channel or not work at all. I've had to go to *control panel* - *Hardware and Sound* - *Manage Audio Devices* - *ATI HDMI Output* - *Configure* - *Select your setup* - *Test* in order to get it to work. I don't know why things changed but they have and I didn't make any changes on my own. Perhaps you're having a similar problem.

Are you able to select a 5.1 setup in your speaker config though. Whenever I go to select the speaker amount the only option is two channel stereo. The sound will work everytime. Also, how do I turn HDMI passthrough off on the 805????

·
Registered
472 Posts
On your receiver, do you have HDMI Audio setting set to off? Go to the Setup menu on the receiver, under the hardware/HDMI setting and change HDMI Audio to OFF, reboot PC and see if you still only get 2 channel stereo. You should be able to bitstream without any problems with your combo video card and receiver.

See page 99 of your manual.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujmeistr /forum/post/20811165

On your receiver, do you have HDMI Audio setting set to off? Go to the Setup menu on the receiver, under the hardware/HDMI setting and change HDMI Audio to OFF, reboot PC and see if you still only get 2 channel stereo. You should be able to bitstream without any problems with your combo video card and receiver.

See page 99 of your manual.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

That did the trick. Everything is working perfectly now. Guess it goes to show that I did not read carefully enough in the manual. CHEERS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.