Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have had my HTPC up and running for some time now and after reading a lot of the posts on this forum I have decided to upgrade my Gforce 2 card to a Radeon 7000.

The machine is used purely for DVD & Dscaler so there is no need for a better card. However the card I have got is a powered by ATI card and not built by ATI, after reading many of the posts there seems to be a mixed view on powered or built by ATI cards.

My problems with this card started with a dim picture compared to my Gforce on my Barco projector I have to turn the brightness up to almost full on the Zoom Player overlay. After installing the latest drivers I could find ver.7.68 I then began to set up some basic resolutions 720*[email protected] and 720*[email protected] after restarting the PC these resolutions can not be selected from powerstrip. I then tried the registry settings as described by digital connections but these do not work either.

I have also noticed that in the adapter info within powerstrip my AGP configuration will not let me select Hardware enabled or DMA transfer mechanism.

Can anybody offer any help or advice.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rage3dtweak from rage3d.com is another one helpful for resolutions.

Just adds a panel to display control panel, choose screen modes ,activate, set frequency then apply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.