AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, my HTPC crashed and am re-building - but its been aloooong time since I did this and all these threads are making my brain hurt :(

I have a Radeon 7200 card - and a Panasonic 36" HDTV connected with a transcoder .

Before the crash I was able to use windows resolutions for an HDTV monitor of 720X540 and 960x540 - I did not use Powerstrip (may have used to set-up but was not using day-to-day). Worked fine and just want to get a picture again on my HDTV.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where or how I got the custom resolutions for an HDTV monitor to add to the available resolutions.. right now all i have is "default monitor" with 640x480, 800x600, etc.

BTW - I am Hinsdale of Hinsdale How-To TiVo Upgrade and would be glad to assist with any TiVo upgrade questions in trade :)

Any help is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I had a Matrox G400 connected to a 36" VGA monitor. Matrox had a built in Custom resolution builder and Powerstrip was uneeded.

Now I have a 9200 Radeon and it doesn't have the built in builder. You have to use Powerstrip to setup up the custom resolutions. Once they are defined you really don't need it anymore.

Just get Powerstrip. You may be able to edit the registry to put the resolutions in yourself, but that seems silly when Powerstrip is a free download. If you are going to use it all the time, I would suggest registering it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.