AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using RADEON 7500 with 6025 driver under WinXP.

My HTPC connected to LCD XGA PJ.

Right now I use 72 Hz refresh rate for watching movie, to improve PQ should I change the refresh rate to 96 Hz?

My PJ can't handle 120 Hz refresh rate, so the highest refresh rate is 96 Hz.

But for use this 96 Hz, I must create it with Powerstrip.

Does the PQ will look smoother due to RADEON filter in high refresh rate?

Will it improve the PQ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Propably you'll get best PQ when you change refresh rate to 60Hz.

That's because most LCD projectors cannot handle anything else than 60Hz without problems. Try it and you'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by tk
Propably you'll get best PQ when you change refresh rate to 60Hz.

That's because most LCD projectors cannot handle anything else than 60Hz without problems. Try it and you'll see.
What problems do you mean?

I use 72 Hz and I have no problems with my PJ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
When he said "problems", I think he meant picture quality issues and not mechanical problems. I have an NEC LT155, which is an LCD also, and I found that 60 Hz works best - anything else apparently gets converted to 60 Hz by the PJ anyway. I found that refresh rates over about 70-72 Hz actually degraded my picture considerably, making it almost fuzzy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubun



What problems do you mean?

I use 72 Hz and I have no problems with my PJ.
Usually LCD projectors convert all refresh rates to 60Hz internally. Also picture shows annoying tearing effect if refresh rate is not 60Hz. Try Video2000 testing program or similar and you'll see what I mean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by tk


Usually LCD projectors convert all refresh rates to 60Hz internally. Also picture shows annoying tearing effect if refresh rate is not 60Hz. Try Video2000 testing program or similar and you'll see what I mean.
I read the manual book, it said that my PJ can support various XGA refresh rate.(max vertical refresh rate is 120Hz but max horizontal refresh rate is 94kHz, RADEON 7500 horizontal refresh rate is 95kHZ if vertical refresh rate set to 120 Hz)Therefore the highest vertical refesh rate for my PJ is 96Hz.

I must set different pixel clock and phase for different refresh rate, does it mean my PJ not convert all refresh rate to 60Hz internally?

What the indication if my PJ actually convert all refresh rate to 60Hz internally?

Does Video2000 can indicate my PJ automatically/not convert all refresh rate to 60Hz?

Where I can get Video2000 program?(Forgot the link, not finished download in the past)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Supporting a high refresh rate and displaying at that rate are 2 different things. It mearly means it can accept it and covert it to a rate it can handle. I've never heard of any LCD panel that had a fast enough reponse time to even handle 72 Hz, never mind 96.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubun


I read the manual book, it said that my PJ can support various XGA refresh rate.(max vertical refresh rate is 120Hz but max horizontal refresh rate is 94kHz, RADEON 7500 horizontal refresh rate is 95kHZ if vertical refresh rate set to 120 Hz)Therefore the highest vertical refesh rate for my PJ is 96Hz.

I must set different pixel clock and phase for different refresh rate, does it mean my PJ not convert all refresh rate to 60Hz internally?

What the indication if my PJ actually convert all refresh rate to 60Hz internally?
All LCD projectors accept different refresh rates but it really does not mean that it is what you see on your screen. Usually LCD panel response time is something like 25 to 50ms so it is 20 to 40 Hz.


For some reason input is optimized for 60Hz usually.


Tearing is usually indicating that refresh rate is converted. I think that using triple buffering would make it possible to use all refresh rates without problems.

Quote:
Does Video2000 can indicate my PJ automatically/not convert all refresh rate to 60Hz?

Where I can get Video2000 program?(Forgot the link, not finished download in the past)
Basically yes. Tearing test show quite well if projector only works with certain refresh rate only.


Download it from here: http://www.madonion.com/products/video2000/
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top