Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all Hope you can help....

Im building a dedicated HTPC and planning on getting a 7500 for the graphics.

But... a question?

Can the TVOUT run at a different resolution to the VGA output??

Basically, i want to connect the SVideo TVout to my TV ( 32inch Philips WS ) and the VGA to my PLV60-HT.

The plan is that i can use the TV as a basic monito for when im using the HTPC as a MP3 player/ tweeking etc, and then when watching DVD's/Dscaler use the VGA output to the PJ.

I dont want to have to fire up the PJ everytime to find MP3's etc....

Anyone else do this?

Thanks in advance...

G

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes, this can work. You need to enable the secondary monitor, and then independent refresh rates and resolutions can be set. But if you are using Win2k, all bets are off. This does not work with the dual head ATI cards.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am planning on using XP pro....

is it still a no-go with XP?

I also have a Gforce256 DDR Which has TV OUT... can this do it or does anyone know a solution using XP?

Thanks again....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks kauffmbe.

It seems that the Radeon drivers can be very particular ( ive been using Nvidea/Matrox cards for the last few years ).

Is there a particular driver which SHOULD be used?

Greg

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd be interested to hear whether enabling dual monitors has an effect on your DVD playback. I'm running XP Pro / PowerDVD XP / Radeon 7500 to a Panasonic AE100. When I enabled the TV-Out to my telly the DVD playback became dreadful...lot's of stuttering. Disabled the TV-Out and it was fine again. Shame really, coz it'd be nice not to have to set up the pj & screen whenever PC tweaking is required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.