AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys - I have read and searched and I think this should work but I can't seem to make it work. I am using Radeon 7500/Powerstrip with default running 848x480p and the desktop looks good, with no overscan.

To experiment, I wanted to see the desktop in an interlaced resolution. I try any of the interlaced custom resolutions like 1280x960i HDTV Derived and Powerstrip says my display adapter has accepted the resolution and would I like to switch to it. I reply "yes" and I hear a brief beep, the popup window with the question goes away and I'm back to the custom resolutions screen and nothing changed! Close that, and custom timings still shows 848x480.

Oh yeah, I also am using Sony GDM-W900 monitor driver as Cliff mentioned in his CLiff Notes about Powerstrip.

So, am I doing something wrong here? SHould this work?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm right there with you. I am also trying to figure it out. Just got the new Radeon 9500Pro, which looks fantastic, and I would like to at least check out the desktop in 1080i. I know I have seen a post where someone is using a Radeon, Windows XP & Powerstrip to get a 1080i desktop. I have also written a custom monitor driver to make sure the resolution is high enough for my HDTV. Any thoughts?

Jim Mc

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think with some drivers (I got this working some months ago; can't remember which driver) you can get interlaced resolutions on the desktop in XP. What you can't get is interlaced resolutions on the overlay. So even if you get an interlaced resolution working you won't be able to play interlaced DVDs in any of the software players.

FYI, I have a Radeon 7200, XP with Catalyst 2.3. The last configuration that worked for me with interlaced overlay was 98 with 7093 drivers.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Searching and reading through this forum, I read the same thing, whihc is that the interlaced overlay is a problem. I wasn't even trying that at this point though. I just wanted to get an interlaced resolution on the desktop. I know it's probably not going to be pretty, but it's in the interest of science :)

Anyway, I have a Sharp 55" RP HDTV but I don't think that matters. I am also running the latest Catalyst drivers.

The problem simply seems to be that Powerstrip says the adatper accepted the new resolution and I switch to it but I get a little "bong" noise and nothing else happends. It's as if I didn't do anything. No error message, no reaction from the TV, nothing.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump :) Cmon guys, with all of the Powerstrip experience here no one has an answer? I realize I am new to Powerstrip but I have read a lot here and searched and I have it working very well for progressive resolutions. If this is not supposed to work, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rbtconsultants
Bump :) Cmon guys, with all of the Powerstrip experience here no one has an answer? I realize I am new to Powerstrip but I have read a lot here and searched and I have it working very well for progressive resolutions. If this is not supposed to work, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob
Maybe even the desktop at interlaced resolutions has been disabled?

I can't try it for you as the boss (my wife) is watching TV at the moment on the RPTV but now I'm curious...

Have you tried the powerstrip forum ? Ashley Saldana is very helpful over there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.