AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when and where the DVI to Component dongle will be available? I heard it comes in the box with the 8500DV which looks to be shipping soon.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
817 Posts
the VE ships with a DVI-VGA (HD 15-pin) adapter plug. the real question is whether the card can output the component signal at all, ie whether the current drivers will enable it or not.

My pj will accept a component signal through its vga input so the cable adaptor is irrelevant to me. I would hopefully get the component signal off the 8500's vga output or, if not possible, off the DVI output by using the vga adapter plug. Those with only 3-rca component inputs on their display devices will have to use a breakout cable as well.

To my knowledge, there has yet to be any first-hand confirmation that the 8500 is currently able to output a component signal and whether on a dual head it will be enabled only on the DVI output. I would rather see it off the vga output.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hiya,

My Radeon VE (UK) Came with a DVI->VGA 'dongle' or converter, but certainly not a DVI->Component (ie 4/5 BNC's) connector.

Hence i had a pig of a job making a cable that did VGA->5BNC (the cable i got was HUGE and finding a VGA headshell that would take the cable width was *HARD*)

Cya,

Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.